Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DAQ card samping rate problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamid Ullah Jan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone!

I want to read the voltage signal in every 100 msec and store it in a file using a daq card.
The problem is when i configure the daq assistant in labview, i select "N sample = 10" and sampling rate 1000 Hz. Logically this should work as the daq card should take reading every 100 msec and 10 readings in a second. But what happens actually, i got 10 readings for first 10 msecs and reaming 990 msec reading are missed, so i changed the sampling rate too from 1000 to 500 and than 100 but no change.

Can anyone please explain me the concept of "N samples vs Sampling rate vs actual time" in reference of labview as this is not explained very clearly anywhere?
And what will be the effect if we change the sampling rate?
Thanks

Hi,

If you want to "read the voltage signal in every 100 msec" --> sampling rate = 1/100ms = 10Hz.

"N sample = 10" --> this is a "count", not a "rate"

" i got 10 readings for first 10 msecs and reaming 990 msec " --> this is exactly what you told it to do.
Sample rate = 1000 Hz --> means 1 measurement every 1 ms.
Count = 10 --> it takes 10 measurements with a delay of 1ms between them. 10 x 1ms = 10ms

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back