Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Engineering drawing Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

PA3040

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All, Have a nice day!

Please provide a software that i can use to draw Engineering Drawing like assemble and disassemble order

Please find the attached picture what I am expecting.

The attached picture is showing mechanical parts assemble and disassemble order but I need electronics parts assemble and disassemble order. As a example:- Arduino shield connect to Arduino board

Please advice

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 8cc3388c9a9777ce05fb254280464729.png
    8cc3388c9a9777ce05fb254280464729.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 217

Auotocad; NX works, sold works; qcad . Or try doing a Google search yourself, it's easy!

Reactions: PA3040

PA3040

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
For that sort of assembly drawing you are far better off using a full 3D package (SolidWorks, Inventor, Cree etc.) if the requirements are simpler you can do an isometric drawing in one of the 2D packages, Autocad, Draftsight etc.

Reactions: PA3040

PA3040

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Barry
Hi marce

Can you please advice which one is the best to use with inbuilt library

Example Arduino board library

I used auto cad but I did not see such library

Pleas advice

Thanks in advance

Can you please advice which one is the best to use with inbuilt library

Example Arduino board library
I do not think they have such things, but it might be worth looking into it. However, a messy way to find electronics parts in 3D is using PCB software which allows you to convert your design into 3D.

Asking a question as to what is the best tool is not a good idea, as generally people have more extensive experience with one in particular or feels more confortable with those tools in regard to their needs.

Anyway, not specifically recommending this one, but Solid Works and Altium Designer, both tools have nice resources in their respective fields and are nicelly integrated so that your product design workflow can be interactivelly made in the mechanical and electric field, easily switching from one to another and vice versa.

Any version of Pro/ENGINEER or Creo had exploded views as part of the drafting utility. It's a very power, general purpose program so, like most powerful, general purpose software, is not the easiest to learn. But once you do learn it the world is yours! I have 19yrs experience with PTC products. Note that PTC has played name games since the introduction of the trade name "Creo" and there are many versions available. Your local PTC re-seller will help you decide which one is right for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Note that MANY buyers of SolidWorks end up also buying AutoCAD 2D Mechanical to do their drafting since SolidWorks has traditionally been weak in that area. Of course this severs intimate link between model geometry and drawing views, model dimensions and drawing views, and drawing "shown" dimensions and model geometry. In Pro/E parametric modeling products, a "shown" dimension is one that, if changed in the drawing, will automatically update the CAD geometry.

This is becoming a "what software is best thread", we have given examples of 3D CAD that can do the exploded view as illustrated in post 1 (Solid works, Inventor and last and certainly least CREO)... Lets not start pulling the various packages to bits, we can all do that because we all have our own views and experience, because I know a lot of SolidWork users and have used it myself and have not had the problems mentioned above, whereas when trying to interface ECAM and MCAD CREA is the dogs... So as you see it works all ways so lets just stick to generic advice and keep personal views on software to ourselves....
The above points were to illustrate the fact that we all have some negative views on software we don't use regularly, me I despise all ECAD and MCAD packages, having spent 30+ years sat in front of them, some back drafting machines and pens, tape and scalpels, Luddites unite!:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back