Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus Simulation of PIC CPU Program Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

teomondo

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Sirs
I am wondering if and how can I simulate read/write operation from/to Internal PIC EEprom memory. It could help me in developing a BootLoader.
For istance if I write to Internal PIC EEprom Memory may I see the change by the PIC CPU Program memory Window?
Thanks in advance for your help
Teo

Click at the Debug menu, and then, at the bottom of the just unfolded submenu, select the microcontroller, and a secondary submenu will open at its right side with the uC`s designator (e.g U3), and finally select the EEPROM option. The following screenshot is for the AVR core, but the procedure is applicable for PIC as well for any other microcontroller.

EEPROM.png

During execution of the code, once you pause the simulation, and select the `Source code` tab, a watch window will be now available.

SimulEEPROM.png

Thanks for the answer. May I do that with the program memory as well? I mean if I write, during execution of my code, into
the program memory may I do what you suggested for the EEprom?
Best regards

The program memory addresses are shown at the left side of the code being debugged.
You can see that at the 2nd picture above attached (`main.c` panel).

I see the program memory window. My issue is "does Proteus simulator support write and read to and from program memory"?
I mean if my code write something to the program memory the Proteus simulator shows me what I have written in the proram memory window?
Thank a lot for your time

I mean if my code write something to the program memory the Proteus simulator shows me what I have written in the proram memory window?

It has been a long time since I worked with PIC, but as far as I know, its architecture does not support that the program write in the program area, that is, on its Flash. By the way, which specifically PIC family are you using?

Hi,

does Proteus simulator support write and read to and from program memory
Can´t you just try it to see what happens?

A simple program ... un button press it writes some bytes in the program area... with another button it writes some other values to the same program memory location.
A simple LED can be used to show a software_verify_state ... to indicate if the microcontroller truely has wirtten the bytes in real world.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back