Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Distinguishing smoke and fog in an image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freceena

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am doing project on distinguishing fog and smoke in an image using matlab. For this i am using ideas of calculating density to distinguish both. I want to know whether there are any other features that could be considered to differentiate smoke and fog in an image. Can anybody shares good tutorial related to this or matlab code related to this.

It would be very helpful if you can share matlab codes which can identify the smoke and fog. If anybody has worked on this then please help me in this regard.

Waiting for your help.

Thanks

It's not a good idea to directly ask for complete code in the forum:smile:

However regarding the features that could be used to differentiate smoke and fog apart from density is

1.the moving features present in the images.

Smoke tends to rise up for being higher in temperature as compared to the ambient air but the same won't be true in case of fog which will just smear the image.

2. Uniformity of the image can also be used as Fog is generally more uniform as compared to smoke, again it depends on the types of images you are using to differentiate the two.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply.. ���� Iam thinking of measuring entropy of an image to distinguish fog and smoke. But the measurements are some what same. Can you suggest more methods that could be used in matlab for the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back