Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of the startup switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay let's not talk about -6V now...
The Picture in post #25 is for -3.6V. I need similar structure which works as listed before (pulse=0V then output 0V and when it is 1.8V then -3.6V)...

Even when it is 1.8V then -3.3V is acceptable...but at input 0V it should be 0V bottom (output)

You can use the configuration of my post #38. Just replace the Vcp voltage source by a 3.6V source.

Every circuit has it's own complementary circuit. If post #25 is possible then it's complementary is also possible..right..?

Of course it's possible, but I think this won't solve your problem. Just try it!

Yes but for -3.6V why so many stacked transistors....it has to to be 2 stages max..So please could you give me for -3.6V..?

You could easily reduce the number of stages yourself. I'm not your babysitter. :roll:

You could easily reduce the number of stages yourself. I'm not your babysitter. :roll:

Thanks a lot....Actually i got my mistake and now it's okay...
Basically I need a switch which will reduce the output resistance (to 2-10 ohms) of my voltage generation circuit such that I won't have the latch up problem.
The equivalent circuit looks like the picture shown below. With a very low current...say 1uA, the resistance is nearly 400K. I need to reduce the resistance..I have to design a switch which will decrease the resistance value to very small. (2-10 ohms)

Thanks.. equ._circuit.png

Show your switch in its current state, including W & L values!

Where do you see latchup?

Show your switch in its current state, including W & L values!

Where do you see latchup?

I am not using any switch or other circuitry to reduce the resistance value. But the value of Rs =400k now. I need some type to circuitry which will reduce the value to 2-10 ohms. This is basically the substrate resistance and it should be very very small to avoid latch-up.

So could you help me in this case...

I am not using any switch or other circuitry to reduce the resistance value. But the value of Rs =400k now. I need some type to circuitry which will reduce the value to 2-10 ohms.
So this is the output impedance of your charge pump?!

This is basically the substrate resistance and it should be very very small to avoid latch-up.
If you think so: you can't change the substrate resistance of a certain process. If you need a lower substrate resistance, choose a process which uses EPI wafers. Or an SOI process.

If you think so: you can't change the substrate resistance of a certain process. If you need a lower substrate resistance, choose a process which uses EPI wafers. Or an SOI process.

Yes this is my output impedance of the charge pump circuit at very low current (1uA). I am also using EPI wafers CMOS 180 nm technology.

- - - Updated - - -

Could you tell me how to proceed...

I would like to update you that Rs=400K is the output resistance of the charge pump circuit and Vout=-6V is given to the P-well in the CMOS 180nm technology. I want to reduce this resistance value to few tens of ohms..Could you suggest me anything..??

- - - Updated - - -

To avoid confusion let's call it as Rout= 400K....

I would like to update you that Rs=400K is the output resistance of the charge pump circuit and Vout=-6V is given to the P-well in the CMOS 180nm technology.

Where is your P-well? In an N-well of a p-substrate or directly in an n-substrate? Show your process details (doping of well(s) and EPI layer) if you want help!

To avoid confusion let's call it as Rout= 400K....
I want to reduce this resistance value to few tens of ohms..Could you suggest me anything..??

Rout=400kΩ seems quite normal at a load current of 1µA (you loose just 400mV). I don't think you can do better, even with a different charge pump.

No, I can't suggest a better solution, sorry.

Where is your P-well? In an N-well of a p-substrate or directly in an n-substrate? Show your process details (doping of well(s) and EPI layer) if you want help!

Rout=400kΩ seems quite normal at a load current of 1µA (you loose just 400mV). I don't think you can do better, even with a different charge pump.

I have attached the picture...

Could you tell me how did you calculate 400mV loss...??...I have read that the resistance should be as low as possible because latch-up is possible at this value (400Kpic (2).png)..

- - - Updated - - -

If Rout= 400K, then don't you think it is prone to latch-up problem..?? I saw in docs that the output resistance is ~50 ohms...
I don't want to face latch-up problem.

Thanks a lot...I would like to update you that when the supply VDD=0V then the output resistance of my charge pump is ~400K. But when the supply is 1.8V then the output impedance is ~8K at 1uA of load current...The worrying problem is during the start-up condition...I think this won'y work in the real time due to latch-up problem...What do you say on that..??

- - - Updated - - -

The idea is to have very low resistance when the supply is 0V....

Thanks a lot...I would like to update you that when the supply VDD=0V then the output resistance of my charge pump is ~400K. But when the supply is 1.8V then the output impedance is ~8K at 1uA of load current...The worrying problem is during the start-up condition...I think this won'y work in the real time due to latch-up problem...What do you say on that..??

- - - Updated - - -

The idea is to have very low resistance when the supply is 0V....

We need a switch whose resistance is very low (5-10 ohms) such that connected to the output node..Could you please guide me with some suggestions...

Guide me with some circuitry whose resistance is few ohms such that I can connect to my charge pump circuit to avoid latch up problem...Please..

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever heard of Ohm's Law? Then use it!

I am unable to proceed...Please guide me with some circuitry...

Status
Not open for further replies.