Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to import timing library in INNOVUS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bianchixr4

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm beginner with INNOVUS
When I imported a new design with Encounter(not INNOVUS), there was a space for 'timing library'.
But, in INNOVUS, there is no place for 'timing library'
Thus, even if I proceed to place cells, I can't perform the timing analysis at all.
How can I import timing library to my design when importing new design at first?
Thank you.

of course there is. it's part of init_design and MMMC flow.

MMMC environment needs to be configured. You can create it on the fly using create_library_set, create_rc_corner, etc commands. Or you can configure it in the viewDefinition.tcl file in the DB.
I am not sure about encounter (way too old for now). For innovus, you need a mmmc configuration file with correct library sets, rc corner, delay corner, mode, view setup.
When you init the design, you can specify the MMMC file in the GUI. Then init the design.

MMMC environment needs to be configured. You can create it on the fly using create_library_set, create_rc_corner, etc commands. Or you can configure it in the viewDefinition.tcl file in the DB.
I am not sure about encounter (way too old for now). For innovus, you need a mmmc configuration file with correct library sets, rc corner, delay corner, mode, view setup.
When you init the design, you can specify the MMMC file in the GUI. Then init the design.

MMMC/init_design flow was part of encounter and it looks 99% the same in Innovus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back