Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Triac Dimmer ckt problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed2016

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone !

i have motor of 1000-4500 RPM. There is a triac dimmer ckt in the machine to control the speed of motor.

From Last week or so machine is malfunctioning and not attaining the full speed.

I m Getting 80 - 150 volt variation (AC Supply 220v) at the output terminal of Traic (terminals of motor).

What do u think is the problem? (Tried Replacing Traic, pot is also working properly)

Standard triac dimmers are designed for incandescent lamps (purely resistive load) and don't necessary work with motors.

Hi,

What do u think is the problem?
What do you expect from us?
Do you expect someone tells you should replace the "green capacitor"? While you don´t show any schematic, circuit information, photo....

Klaus

If the motor is an universal (AC/DC) type, it can be driven with a Triac.

But you should provide us with more information. From the description it appears that the Diac trigger diode, could be malfunctioning.

BTW; I like you "LED Zeppelin" photo.

HI,
the problem is that the motor is not getting nominal voltage . While not getting nominal voltage , nominal speed will not be reached . Try to run it without load . Without load is easy for the motor to speed up. Also if you get to this, you can check if the rotor is spinning easy in it's bearings ...

Status
Not open for further replies.