Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Whaferdale PMX700 SMPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlosraj7

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

When I switched ON this mixer, it was totally dead (No power supply). It uses a SMPS. I opened up and checked all the components. There are 2 IRFP460A switching transistors, a IR2153 Driver,2 optocouplers, 5 smd and 2 normal transistors. All the smd resistors tested OK. The electrolytic caps, diodes are also OK. This item operates from 220V AC to 240V AC. When I connect the mixer thru a autotransformer and reduce the mains voltage to around 200V AC, the mixer turns ON and operates normally. When I turn up the voltage to approx 225V approx, the power supply turns OFF. I tried switching ON and OFF, but doesn't work. After turning down the Voltage back to approx 200V and wait for 2 to 3 mins, then when I switch it ON, it functions again as normal.

I replaced the Driver IC (IR 2153) but no difference. It is written at the back that this unit operates from 220V to 240V. Can I placed some high ohm and high watt resistors to bring down the AC voltage to approx 200V AC. I do not have a service manual or schematic .Please assist.

Thanks

Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back