Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed to repair a Sony Trinitron KV-2165MT power failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
The part e-music showed looked like a 10mm or less pin spacing, so it is most probably rated at a lower voltage. I don't expect to see a very high-voltage requirement as this capacitor is in series with the base-emitter drive winding, which will have fairly low peak voltages. It was most probably killed by current over time.

I totally agree with you. In fact, I was going to post about this, as the capacitor I got (rated at 650V) was almost tenfold bigger than the original. If I'm not wrong, the power rating for the original is fraction of that. But, it's still better from using one under the rated voltage. The spacing also about 13mm, but fixing that is no big deal given that the legs are more than 20mm in length.

I hope by replacing that cap, along with the others, I would at least get some result. I will report the results once done!

Thank you again guys!

e-music

Sorry guys, but I assumed you would have gone for a cap size according to
E-design's capacitor selection guide, as shown in the modified picture below:

TDK Selection

What I meant in regards to bending the leads, in that it would have been
minimal, as the original leads look like they have a 5mm pitch. Therefore,
the component would fit nicely with very little bends.

I guess I should have mentioned to obtain the B32671P type.
Regards,
Relayer

Status
Not open for further replies.