Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trouble to make work gpio pin in freertos!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikram Balagopal

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am somewhat new to the concept of freertos. At present i want to toggle an led of an msp432 launchpad development board with freertos. I am using demo project from the resource explorer. unlike bare metal programming, i think rtos is much more complicated. The tutorials out their are very difficult to pickup. I need some help to understand how i can tweak a gpio pin. All i know that, i need to edit some files in the project files, to make it work.

Thanks in advance.

FreeRTOS knows nothing about the GPIO on the board. The MSP432 launchpad comes with libraries to toggle GPIO pins. They work whether the RTOS is running or not.

A good, if a little out of date, free to download intro book on FreeRTOS can be found here: https://www.freertos.org/Documentation/RTOS_book.html

Thanks for the replay. I have already downloaded this book. The book only talk about rtos concept and its api. It doesn't mention anything about gpio configuration. I am trying to tweak the gpio pins, which i dont know how to do.

Hi, I have gone through the same problem when working with gpio in msp432. If you want to configure any gpio pin in msp432, then you need to edit three files in your project. They are MSP_EXP432P401R.c, MSP_EXP432P401R.h and Board.h.

Thanks for the replay. Finally I start making some progress. I find MSP_EXP432P401R.c, MSP_EXP432P401R.h and Board.h files in my demo project in ccs ide. Could you please elaborate on what changes do i need to make on these files, so that i can use any gpio pin for my need.

Could you please elaborate on what changes do i need to make on these files, so that i can use any gpio pin for my need.

Add GPIOMSP432_P2_5 | GPIO_CFG_OUT_STD | GPIO_CFG_OUT_STR_LOW | GPIO_CFG_OUT_LOW, in GPIO_PinConfig gpioPinConfigs array of MSP_EXP432P401R.c. Then dd a name MSP_EXP432P401R_CUS_P2_5 in MSP_EXP432P401R_GPIOName enum declaration of MSP_EXP432P401R.h. Finally add add #define board_GPIO_P2_5 MSP_EXP432P401R_CUS_P2_5 in Board.h. For detailed step to exactly configure the gpio of msp432 in rtos follow:
https://engineersasylum.com/t/configure-msp432-gpio-pin-in-freertos/58

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back