Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Slew Rate Calculation - Fully Differential Op Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet123

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to calculate slew rate of fully differential opamp.

I know the settling time for to reach 99% value is 2ns.

Gain of opamp is 40dB.

CL = 1pF.

Folded Cascode Opamp.

Fully differential swing is 1.6V.

How do I calculate the slew rate from this specifications ?

Slew rate isn't directly related to settling time. Slew rate is mainly determined by output stage current, settling time also by small signal parameters like bandwidth and phase margin.

If you want to calculate from the data you provided, I assume you would like the following:

delta_V = 1.6 V
delta_t = 2 ns

slew-rate = delta_V / delta_t = 1.6 V / 2 ns = 0.8 V/ns

However, keep in mind that FvM's answer is correct.

Hi,
If you apply a voltage step at the input of your amplifier (at t=0, for example), your output voltage will be composed of two regions. The slew rate region, and the linear settling region. The slew rate region will be the first part, because there is where the derivate of the output voltage will be highest (At t=0). This means that if you want to measure slew rate, you must measure it around t=0.

This is assuming your amplifier can be modeled as a one pole system.

Status
Not open for further replies.