Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MAX 10 pin assignment error

Status
Not open for further replies.

hareeshP

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I'm currently using the MAX 10 (10M02SCU169A7G) for one our project. In MAX 10 (10M0) fpga the pin C4 and C5 are nSTATUS and CONFIG_DONE respectively.
And we have used this pin for some other purpose also. As per the datasheet both these pins are dual purpose pins. When i do the I/O Assignment analysis i am getting the following errors.

Error (176310): Can't place multiple pins assigned to pin location Pin_C4 (IOPAD_X3_Y7_N14)
Info (176311): Pin MR is assigned to pin location Pin_C4 (IOPAD_X3_Y7_N14)
Info (176311): Pin ~ALTERA_nSTATUS~ is assigned to pin location Pin_C4 (IOPAD_X3_Y7_N14)

In some forums giving solutions like "change the settings of dual purpose pins in the quartus software" but i am not able do this because the window for this settings in quartus software is grayed out (Attaching the screenshot)

Attachments

• MAX 10 Dual purpose pin settings.JPG
    MAX 10 Dual purpose pin settings.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 148

Status
Not open for further replies.