Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem of OV-UV protection circuit using LTC4368-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

caoquyen164

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys,
my protection circuit using LTC4368-2 have a problem. I use a triple regulater (LT8601) and when I turn on 2 in 3 outputs, then my LTC4368 die. firstly, I thought there was feedback signal somewhere but I see nothing in the osciloscope. when I turn off LT8601 outputs, everything is OK, the LTC4368 works. It protects in Under Voltage & Over Voltage. so can you guest the problems in my circuit ?

What do you mean it dies? And then you turn off the outputs and it's not dead anymore? You mean you have found a way to bring things back from the dead? Maybe you need to post a schematic and describe your problem a little more clearly than 'it died'.

Hi,

Maybe the two regulator outputs draw too much current at power-up and the 4368-2 shuts down/goes into re-try mode, if so a soft start circuit might help.

thanks for your reply. "it dies" means that I have to replace the new one. the died one can't be reuse. I turn on or off the regulator outputs by shorting/opening the "NT " connection at the outputs. the schematics are followed. Captuádfre.PNGCapture.PNG

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for your reply. I would try it. but my circuit consumption is about 0.5 A when working. It may not be so high. besides, the 4368-2 has over current protection, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.