Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Characteristic modes sorting in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrElec

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to simulate a dual band antenna using CST MWS. I'm using the Multilayer solver. When Multilayer solver setup window appears, it asks to indicate a frequency for mode sorting. Which frequency for sorting i should use since i've a dual band antenna?

Posting recommendation from CST help

If the number of modes of interest in the simulation frequency range is unknown, start the analysis with a small number of requested modes, e.g., 3 to 5, and repeat the analysis with different frequencies for mode sorting fSort. For instance, perform one analysis with fSort = fMin and another one with fSort = fMax). If the found modes are different, repeat the analysis with a value of fSort in between. This way, the risk of omitting a characteristic mode of interest due to an unfortunate choice of fSort is minimized. Moreover, running multiple analyses with a small number of requested modes may be faster than performing one analysis with a larger number of requested modes.

in case you found some answer then please update

Reactions: MrElec

MrElec

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back