Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which Subwoofer is best? (In terms of design, space, sound quality and cost)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigrid

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Which Subwoofer is best?(in terms of design, space, sound quality and moneysaving)

Hello,

Is there anyone who suggest the best subwoofer for car?

I want Latest design and subwoofer with rocking sound quality.

I can find some of the best subwoofer here>

15-inch-car-subwoofer-in-2018/

12-inch-subwoofer

best-10-inch-sub

Which size subwoofer is best for my car?can anyone suggest?(i have Foxy ford car)

Re: Which Subwoofer is best?(in terms of design, space, sound quality and moneysaving

Why do you want to have car speakers so loud that they deafen you?
100W is plenty of power for a subwoofer in a car. This is for the loudest parts. The average loudness will be about 10W which is still loud enough to deafen you.

Reactions: sigrid

sigrid

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Which Subwoofer is best?(in terms of design, space, sound quality and moneysaving

100W is plenty of power for a subwoofer in a car. This is for the loudest parts. The average loudness will be about 10W which is still loud enough to deafen you.

Hey, thank you for your information.

I am not looking for loudest one i am looking for the best sound quality and budget friendly sub for my car!

I am not looking for loudest one i am looking for the best sound quality and budget friendly sub for my car!
The subwoofers you posted are rated at THOUSANDS of watts that makes LOTS of profit for their manufacturers and empties your wallet quickly. They do not produce good sound, instead they are expensive so they create lots of money for them. Fools actually buy them because they think that expensive things are better than reasonably priced things. I had a car that came with a deluxe sound system made by Pioneer. Its 10" subwoofer was powered by a 150W (real Watts, not fake Whats) amplifier and it sounded fine.
Do you have an amplifier and crossover network for a subwoofer?

To me "best sound quality" and a car don't go hand-in-hand. Unless you plan on only listening to the car audio system when the engine is off, and the system has been tuned for either the driver or passenger seat. Going with uber expensive car audio is chasing a dream that ends up being a big smelly pile of feces.

Only reason I'd need more power from my car audio is to overcome the loud engine/exhaust. Instead of adding a bigger amp to my car I'd rather turn off the audio and listen to the sweet grumble of the V8. Acoustically car interiors are bad, so why spend a lot of extra money on trying to have superior base, that can deafen you?

Can't believe the number of cars I've seen roll up next to me with their windows rolled up and mine rolled up and I can feel/hear the thump-thump-thump of their $$$$ base pounding away over my exhaust and engine! They must wear ear-plugs to sit in their car for more than 5 seconds.

Idiots drive cars with NO exhaust muffler systems that can be heard blocks away and they have subwoofers that can also be heard blocks away.
I cannot hear the exhaust sounds in my car and its sound system sounds fine.

Idiots drive cars with NO exhaust muffler systems that can be heard blocks away and they have subwoofers that can also be heard blocks away.
I cannot hear the exhaust sounds in my car and its sound system sounds fine.
I hope you aren't suggesting I'm an idiot... ;-)

My car is a V8 sports car, with factory exhaust mufflers, It's just naturally louder than say a Lexus.

Given that my car has virtually no soundproofing (just carpet, no dynamat, x-mat, etc) in the back and the firewall, means I get significant engine, exhaust, and road noise (extremely aggressive high performance tires tend to be much noisier than passenger car tires). My current tires are much quieter than the BFG G-Force KDs that I used to run, though the cornering of the current set of tires isn't quit as good, but I can now drive the car in the rain without the excitement of sideways driving :)

I have heard a lot of brand new or demo Ford Mustangs a block away. They seem to be missing the muffler that are in cars that normal people drive. I have also heard cars making the same tire noise as a school bus. Why all the noise? I like peace and quiet.

The interiors of some automobiles today is so quiet that the manufacturers have soundtracks of the outside engine noise that play through the stereo inside the vehicle. They found that the sound of the engine was part of the allure. It also helped with over revving in cars with standard transmissions since most people tend to switch gears by sound instead of watching the rpm gauge.

I'm curious as to what type of setup that you think could produce good sound quality on only 10 watts? Actually forget the 10watt statement, I'm curious exactly what kind of setup you think could have a flat response down 20hz?

I'm not saying it can't be done, but even in a perfect environment (which a car is far from, even a car that is 'overly'sound deadened), it would take an enormous enclosure that has a lot of calculations, + trial and error to even attempt to produce a flat response. Forgetting about the low notes the subwoofer handles,I'd be impressed to even see mid bass with a flat response down to 63hz on only 10 watts, and be played at a reasonable level.. That could possibly be done with a high efficiency driver in a perfect enclosure, with a vehicle that is sound deadened very strategically, but even then, I think you'd be hard pressed to do it, but I can't speak from experience on that, never tried putting only only 10w average to anything.

Music and vocals have a dynamic range of at least 10dB which is 10 times or 1/10th the power. So if the loudest parts are 100W the average sounds are 10W or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back