Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding Shift Register in scan chain without converting to scan cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandy2811

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Is it good to convert shift register as scan cell in netlist or not ? But how to add shiftt register in scan chain without converting it to scan cell/flops.
I have 4 bit shift reg in my design and i want to add this reg in scan chain without converting it to scan cell, but i am not able to do this.

The simplest way for doing that in DesignCompiler is using variable compile_seqmap_identify_shift_registers. DC will automatically identify existing shift registers and convert only first reg into scan equivalent.

I am doing scan insertition on DFTAdvisor tool. So in this tool how it is possible.

- - - Updated - - -

The simplest way for doing that in DesignCompiler is using variable compile_seqmap_identify_shift_registers. DC will automatically identify existing shift registers and convert only first reg into scan equivalent.

Hi oratie,
As you said, DC will automatically identify existing shift registers and convert only first reg into scan equivalent. So other flops that are in shift register are also part of scan chain or not ?
In my case , design has 8 bit shift register and only first flop convert as scan cell and other 7 flops are nonscanable, but the problem is how to add them in scan chain, because this 7 flops are not part of scan chain.

DC automatically identify shift regs and add them into scan chain (also automatically). So, you do not need to use any special commands except setting compile_seqmap_identify_shift_registers variable. See man page for it. In your case, all 8 regs will be part of the whole scan chain and only first of them will be converted to scan flop.

Is that any particular command in DFTAdvisor tool for doing the same as DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back