Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] Needing advice about compilers and rs232 strings management

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VBDESIGNER

Hello To All

The ccs language has been a comfortable to work whit some devices however recently i can see that isn´t the best tool to manage and get serial Hex strings, in the past i don´t need to work whit serial port and many of my projects are under ccs, now when i try to build a program to connect my pic whit pc using realterm to receive on rx signal pin the string 02,05,FB,29 and everything is confuse i can send hex data properly whit putc and tx works fine but the strings management under ccs is very complicated, i read ccs examples for buffer treatment and do you need usage the kbhit sentence. reading about the same proccess whit other c compiler this task is more simple and you can control the reception buffer easy way. I´ts time to leave the ccs languaje and try to migrate to other compiler? any advice to change.

Thanks in advance for any reply about this issue.

To me, it doesn't seem like a compiler problem. More likely that the string routine expects printable characters and most of those characters are outside the normal printable range.

Can you post a section of the code so we can see what may be wrong.

Incidentally, please only post your messages once, you posted the same message three times.

Brian.

CCS C is supporting standard C language string handling, don't see a particular problem in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.