Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design multiband microstrip antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajay1596

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wanted to design a triband or quadband antenna and i needed to know techniques to make an antenna resonate at multiple bands of frequencies. i have studied like v can make a U slot, L slot, Resistive or Capacitive loading, Meandered patch, F type design, L type design etc to make multiband antennas. But i needed to know few things
1) How can i determine the length and position of a slot?
2) How can i find the feed location of antenna?
3) With what dimensions should my base antenna design begin with so that i can make slots in that
4) how can i determine the length of f type or l type antenna
please help me with this
also please suggest some books to refer for design of multiband microstrip antennas

1) The circumference of the slot is lamda/2 at the operating band if it lies inside the structure. if you create an open slot then the length of the slot should be lamda/4.
2) are you exciting the antenna with inset or coaxial feed?
3) suppose if you want to design antenna operating at 1,2,3 and 4 GHz. then base antenna could operate at 1 GHz.
4) I did not understand your question.... but in general overall length of the antenna is around lamda/2 at operating band.

1) The circumference of the slot is lamda/2 at the operating band if it lies inside the structure. if you create an open slot then the length of the slot should be lamda/4.
2) are you exciting the antenna with inset or coaxial feed?
3) suppose if you want to design antenna operating at 1,2,3 and 4 GHz. then base antenna could operate at 1 GHz.
4) I did not understand your question.... but in general overall length of the antenna is around lamda/2 at operating band.

I am using a coaxial feed. I need to know the feed location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back