Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ANSYS simulation error

Status
Not open for further replies.

suganthirs

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am facing difficulty during report generation in ansys. While generating report, plotting frequency vs return loss, I get different result for different scaling. That is, my design frequency is 2 GHz. When I plot graph from the range (1-10 GHz) and (1-3 GHz), I get different results. For the range (1-10 GHz) I get -26 dB and for (1-3 GHz) I get -5.5 dB. Which result should I consider?
Since I get good result while plotting in the range (1-10) GHz, can I proceed with it?
It was a multiband antenna, so I analysed its performance in the range (1-10) GHz.

Attachments

• range(1-5).png
    range(1-5).png
    92.2 KB · Views: 69
  • range(1-10).png
    range(1-10).png
    99.4 KB · Views: 67

Hi suganthirs,

This suggests that your simulation is not adequately converged. Review your convergence criteria (most likely, delta S), and make it stricter. I usually do a minimum delta S of 0.01, with at least 2 converged passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back