Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arduino USB Host Shield2 + Modbus Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahancr

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I did a modbus communication with a embedded device and a PC. Communication cable is USB. But it act as a serial port. my device has FTDI chip for communication. Now I need to communicate this device with arduino uno board. I have connected it to arduino uno via USB host shield2.

(https://www.google.lk/search?q=ardu...UICigB&biw=1366&bih=637#imgrc=n07ROJh5lK5DoM:)

I couldn't configure the modbusmaster.h file in the arduino. if i try to communicate garbage value is displayed. Can you please give me the directions to communicate with arduino uno and embedded device via USB host shield?

Thank you.

If there's no ready-to-use FTDI driver code for the host shield available, use a different way to setup an UART port on the Arduino. USB involves so much overhead, no good idea at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.