Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gate driver and Dc/Dc converter for automotive electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarikelec

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Engineers,

I want to study the complete circuit of gate driver of electronic power steering. So I tried to look on TI and infineon about the schematics and architectures provided in their chip but untill I now feel not satisfied because I am going to design one but need a lot of ressources, for example i want to know what is the dc link voltage used in the electric power steering and how does the gate driver IC operate for controlling the gate mosfet of the inverter( need to know about the voltage,current of the input and output of the gate driver), hoe does the gste driver itself overcome the high side switch and so on
thanks in advance

Yeah you need to do some basic reading to become familiar with the application.

Start reading datasheets of different gate drivers. You should find that they're well characterized in terms of their type - high side, low side etc and specifications like high side voltage, current drive etc. If you need or want isolation there are many isolated gate drivers as well (see silicon labs and TI).

Common solutions for high side driving are 'bootstrapping' or dedicated high side isolated DC-DC converters (small 1W-2W isolated supplies). There are tradeoffs, bootstrapping requires that the low-side mosfet turn on reasonably frequently while dedicated isolated supplies allow complete freedom but cost more...etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.