Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem using vpwlf with reference other than GND

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohaee

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone!

I am using vpwlf as an arbitrary source in cadence. I simulated my circuit using this source without any problem. Then, to consider some parasitics, I added an inductance in series with GND. Now I get the error: "no such file or directory". I know the problem is using a reference for the vpwlf source other than GND, but I don't know how to solve it. Could anyone please help me?

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much for answering Timof.

"screenshot.png" shows the file which works without any problem. When I change it as "screenshot1.png" an error is shown saying no such file or directory. I tried wiring the negative node of the source to CHIP_GND directly. But nothing changed.

screenshot.png
screenshot1.png

They are not identical.

Your problem is pretty strange. Could you change the path of the voltage source from "(...)bit strings(...)" to "(...)bit_strings(...)" and try?

Thank you for answering t4_v.

It didn't work. I agree that it's strange! Maybe because I'm using an old version. Have you ever used this source with reference other than GND?

That's does not calculate. You delete gnd symbol and connect nodes by "CHIP_GND" and the error is "no such file or directory"?

Maybe this might help?:

Cadence seems to read the PWL file at
the instance that the schematic is saved
– So if you generate a new PWL file, then you
need to resave your schematic before starting
a new simulation.

The error ought to include information on -which- file or
directory is not found. Perhaps it is indeed about the
vpwlf. But -what- about that element, is a question.
Maybe the schematic ended up in a different library
and relative path to the vpwlf file was used, now
busted, or something.

You could let the vpwlf be ground referred and use
vcvs to impose the same voltage anywhere you like,
if it truly relates to topology and not filesystem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back