Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS Parameterized layout from command line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

goay

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, when I run simulation from ads schematic window using parameterized layout setup, everything is ok and I did not get any error. However when I run it from command line using

hpeesofsim netlist.log

I get the following errors:

RESPONSE FROM COMMAND PROMPT

Characterizing the circuit

Characterizing Tx channel

Error detected by hpeesofsim during TRAN analysis 'ChannelSimTransient_ChannelSim1'.
COMPONENT 'X2.em_data':
Failed to establish a Gemx connection.

Error detected by hpeesofsim during TRAN analysis 'ChannelSimTransient_ChannelSim1'.
Fatal error occured while evaluating model 'MomCmpt', instance 'X2.em_data'.

This only happens when I change the design parameters in the netlist file such as length and width of microstrip. Anyone knows why?

From what you describe, it seems that Momentum is not started to add missing parameter combinations in the emModel. I never used emModels from the commandline, so no idea if this should work at all. Have you tried asking Keysight support?

Reactions: goay

goay

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
My school's ADS was sponsored by Keysight years ago and our support has expired. But we are still allowed to use the software. Thanks. I can still use other EM simulators such as Sonnet for that, but I would prefer to use momentum together with ADS circuit simulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back