Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sensitive and powerful PC to transmitter keyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

neazoi

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I want to see how simple a keyer can be made, sensitive enough to be driven by the audio of the PC sound card, but powerful enough to switch power into a 300-500mA 12v requiring CW transmitter.
My goal is to have the least discrete components possible, I do not mind if they are SCRs of custom-wound toroids or small commercial audio transformers.
The circuit to key is this **broken link removed** and I do not mind about "key clicks" in this simple circuit.

I would use a P-Channel MOSFET with the gate driven by an NPN (I'm too lazy to draw a schematic, but I will if you don't get what I mean). Your pc output drives the NPN base; the NPN collector is tied to the MOSFET gate.

Can you get a DC level out of your sound card? If not, you'll have to have some kind of filter on that signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back