Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shorting of Microstrip Line in Ansoft Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick09

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to simulate a structure of a simple microstrip line on ground plane in ANSOFT Designer....I am trying to short the metal(strip) to teh ground?......how can I do it?.....

I guess I have the option for cross-layer plates and via?....but I dont know how can I actually draw them...Can anyone can provide with an example?....

Thank You...

Hi, maverick09

You can use a via to connect the microstrip line and ground plane,edit the properties of the via ,choose the start layer and the end layer,then they are connected to each other.

I don't know whether my answer is fit for you problem.Just give a advice.

Hi pllen,

thnaks for your answer. Well I am trying to use a via but I wasnt sure of how to define it?...like I wanna know an example.....as to how its defined....I am unable to actually draw it....unfortunately.....

Thanks.....

Added after 4 hours 9 minutes:

Does anyone know abou the number of sides in 2.5 D Via definition in Ansoft Designer?.

Hi,maverick09

When you insert a planarEM design, you can use this way to add a 2.5D via.
The way: menu Draw/Via.
I don 't know why you can't actually draw it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back