Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Could you help me to understand how to work this TCXO part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton89

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
I've found this TCXO part being compliant with the phase noise requirement of a our application. The part is: RPT5032A.
Looking the datasheet, I've read that the component can generate a RF output signal with a frequency within 1.25 - 52 MHz. Several shapes of signal are also foreseen (Clipped sine wave, sine wave, HCMOS and ACMOS).
It is not clear how to tune the output signal at a given frequency and shape. I want to generate a RF sine wave at 40 MHz. Is tuning of signal made at circuit level or should I ask for manufacturer to tune directly the part itself?
Many thanks for support.
Regards,

Antonio

You can get it off the shelf with some standard frequencies (Standard frequencies: 10.0, 12.8, 16.384, 19.2, 19.44, 20.0, 25.0, 26.0, 30.72, 38.88 and 40MHz), or have them do a custom frequency at extra cost anywhere between (1.25 - 52 MHz).

You can get it off the shelf with some standard frequencies (Standard frequencies: 10.0, 12.8, 16.384, 19.2, 19.44, 20.0, 25.0, 26.0, 30.72, 38.88 and 40MHz), or have them do a custom frequency at extra cost anywhere between (1.25 - 52 MHz).

Hello,
thank you for reply.
I would like to ask another simple question about that part.
I understood that I can get it off the shelf with standard frequencies, but also with standard power supplies and types of output signal.
If I wanted to generate a square wave output signal with amplitude lesser than 3.3 Vpp (I need 2.5Vpp or less), should I take a RPT5032A oscillator with 3.3V power supply and HCMOS signal output?
Many thanks.

Antonio L.

Last edited:

From RPT5032A datasheet looks like the device works with any voltage between 2.5V and 5.7V, or any of the standard 3V, 3.3V or 5V.
That means any of them will work at 3.3V, but in this case probably the output will be a bit higher than 2.5Vpp.

From RPT5032A datasheet looks like the device works with any voltage between 2.5V and 5.7V, or any of the standard 3V, 3.3V or 5V.
That means any of them will work at 3.3V, but in this case probably the output will be a bit higher than 2.5Vpp.

This signal shall be used as reference for a PLL (for a RF board) and a FPGA (for an other board).
I thought of dividing the signal in two parts in order to provide it to both boards.
My questions are:
1) By dividing the signal, Could I get the 2.5Vpp requirement for the signal amplitude?
2) Which component could I use to divide the reference signal into two parts? Do you know any P/Ns?

Many thanks.
Regards
Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back