Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you buy thin flexible sheet to dim LEDs under test and make them less blinding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They make tinted plexiglass. Or you can buy material in rolls and tint it yourself.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Poly dropcloth in the paint department, fold as many
layers as you like to get desired opacity / translucency.

T

cheap solution - sunglasses for the test operator.
super hi-tech solution - the stuff you can get to darken car windows, it's tinted plastic on a roll.

A Google search found this: https://www.windowfilm.co.uk/ I have no connection with them but their web site suggests they might be able to help you.

Brian.

T

Auto parts stores carry red or orange translucent plastic flexible film, to repair vehicle taillights, turn signals, etc.

T

I've used tinted anti-static bags that I get from the vendors supplying the PCBs being tested.

Reactions: treez and c_mitra

c_mitra

T

I've used tinted anti-static bags that I get from the vendors supplying the PCBs being tested...

Long time back I did some test and found them about ND0.5; you can fold them over and get ND1.0- too dark. You can easily stick them to a empty spectacle frame.

They are reasonably color neutral (uniform absorption) and will not change color much.

Anyway, LED will "appear" blinding only when it is flashing; it is relatively harmless.

Have you tried the likes of RS or Farnell etc. ?
RS do opaque sheets of material, take your pick. :)
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/abra...astic-rods-sheets-tubes/solid-plastic-sheets/
Failing that try B&Q :)

I once worked on a LED lighting assembly line and they just put a dark plastic lens (from another range of lighting) over the boards when testing.

You will need to do this anyway as the H&S bods will get upset if not.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back