Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Interpretation of radiation pattern plot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobilise

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI
Please can anyone help me to interprete the radiation pattern plot! Here an exemple picture of the obtained radiation pattern of patch antenna. What informations we can extract . Thanks for help

Radpatt.png

Message is unavailable.

Thanks for your reply and for the doc

Just what I want to know is the openning in the radiation pattern is normal or not?

Thanks in advance

Yes, the radiation pattern is fine, because this is about far field of the antenna.

I understand that the asymmetry of the radiation characteristics (in both planes) is doubtful. I think that the measurement results are correct, but the antenna is asymmetrical in both planes (for example, different screen dimensions).
There is some doubt that the width of the beam is the same in both planes (they should be different, wider in the H plane, narrower in the E plane). I assume that the antenna is a single radiator (because of value of gain)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back