Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do QRC extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhanu_Pratap

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am very new to layout in cadence. I have made layout. I did DRC check and LVS check. Both works good. But i dont know how to do ERC check. On internet i found out that mostly people do DRC check ...... Are both of them different. Please help.

ERC has nothing in common with QRC extraction.

The Electrical Rules Check searches for possible violations of electric rules, like forbidden short circuits of outputs, exceeded output fan-out or current, open or floating nets.

QRC extraction extracts resistive (if selected) and capacitive parasitics from layout.

ERC has nothing in common with QRC extraction.

The Electrical Rules Check searches for possible violations of electric rules, like forbidden short circuits of outputs, exceeded output fan-out or current, open or floating nets.

QRC extraction extracts resistive (if selected) and capacitive parasitics from layout.

On top of that, QRC is a tool while ERC is a check. OP seems to have confused things quite a bit.

Quite often, ERC includes some checks - such as resistance (between two devices, or pad to ESD device, or driver to receiver) - for which extracted post-layout netlist is required, so there is a link between ERC and extraction tools.
Tools performing ERC may be using their own extraction engine, or may use extraction results from other tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back