Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] Does using a USB mouse with PS/2 converter support page scrolling or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewbeeAVR

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
if used USB mouse wtih PS/2 converter supports scrolling or not

Hi,
I want to know if I use USB mouse with USB to PS/2 converter to interface to micro controller it support scrolling wheel or not ?

Re: if used USB mouse wtih PS/2 converter supports scrolling or not

The mouse just produces data from the buttons, scroll wheel encoder and motion detector. All the controls are outputs so it depends on your MCU how the signals are used.

Brian.

**broken link removed**

Thanks for your reply.

I want to interface USB mouse-keyboard combo using USB to PS/2 adapter to ATmega is it possible or not.

It is not possible. To get working USB mouse over USB->PS/2 adapter you need to use a special mouse which supports both protocols: USB and PS/2.

Did you mean I need a PS/2 mouse not a USB combo.

Did you mean I need a PS/2 mouse not a USB combo.

Yes, an ordinary PS/2 mouse should work. Or you can use a microcontroller with a USB host functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.