Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to mount a circuit that converts 12v DC to 110 AC with 1500W power

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfminformatica

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to build a circuit that from 12v car battery can get me 110v with 1500W of power preferably not too bulky.

Do you mean 110V AC?
DC-to-AC power inverters are a popular project here. Several discussions about different designs and power levels. Try a forum search on your words of interest.

To get an idea how bulky it will be, take a look at commercial inverters such as are sold in an automotive/ marine/ hardware store.

your input current is well over 120 amps DC from your 12V battery - so you had better have batteries in excess of 200A-hr or a decent DC supply ...!

your input current is well over 120 amps DC from your 12V battery - so you had better have batteries in excess of 200A-hr or a decent DC supply ...!

And the correct wiring gage and properly rated terminals.

The above statement seems a self evident truth. Yet I have seen many high current installations which have used a wire gage which is insufficient for the current level.

Status
Not open for further replies.