Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VL53L0X distance measurement chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

kripacharya

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone have proper data how to program this chip ?
The specs of this new IC are great, but almost impossible to use for general use since there is virtually zero documentation.

I need code which will fairly reliably measure distances upto 5 feet using this chip. Can anyone help ?

Yes Andre. I have seen lots of code on github. But it is all very obscure and badly documented. Also it all refers to libraries which I cannot directly use.
Please try not to be so condescending. If you have any actual inputs then please provide. Otherwise stay off this thread. Thanks.

I already have a system up and working, but require more details for improving the operations. Especially for longer range work up to around 5-6 feet.

Hi,

It's not Andre's fault that the code is not well documented.
And as long as you don't write what effort you did so far and what results you experienced .... I think it's helpful to give ideas where to look for code.

Klaus

There are range specification in the datasheet for different object reflectance and ambient light conditions. I won't expect in a first order that software can extend the range beyond the specification, although it may be possible.

Regarding software, I would start with the ST provided code.

There are range specification in the datasheet for different object reflectance and ambient light conditions. I won't expect in a first order that software can extend the range beyond the specification, although it may be possible.

Actually there are references in various code fragments of different modes - like 'high accuracy', 'long range', 'fast measurement' etc. But no clear documentation on which set of registers/ what settings to choose. Also not known is whether code by various different people is actually working properly or not. So clearly long hours need to be spent in playing with different settings - not a good way to develop a surprise-free product.

Regarding software, I would start with the ST provided code.

I wish I could, but I cannot use this option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back