Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

flyback charger circuit 2amps to 3amps

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavandanyasi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
In the attached schematic it is 60v/2amps .i want to increase output current to 3amps .pls tell me what changes have to do .

Attachments

• der580.pdf
    371.7 KB · Views: 91

Firstly, use a switcher with sufficient power rating, e.g. TOP270 or TOP271EG. Scale transformer design, check rectifier rating.

Firstly, use a switcher with sufficient power rating, e.g. TOP270 or TOP271EG. Scale transformer design, check rectifier rating.

OK I choose higher rating components but coming to transformer either i need to increase secondary turns or primary turns .pls check the attached transformer details and tell me

- - - Updated - - -

OK I choose higher rating components but coming to transformer either i need to increase secondary turns or primary turns .pls check the attached transformer details and tell me

Attachments

• der5803.pdf
    73.6 KB · Views: 80
  • der5803.pdf
    73.6 KB · Views: 80

Why do you consider increasing transformer turns? Cross section of primary and secondary windings (wire gauge respectively number of paralleled wires) must be increased proportionally.

If the bobbin window is too small, you'll step to the next larger core and recalculate # of turns for the larger core area.

Why do you consider increasing transformer turns? Cross section of primary and secondary windings (wire gauge respectively number of paralleled wires) must be increased proportionally.

If the bobbin window is too small, you'll step to the next larger core and recalculate # of turns for the larger core area.

Ok thanks for your help.

If the core you have is appropriate for the higher power level, you could also decrease the number of turns and increase the switching frequency from 66KHz to 132KHz with the f pin. You should still use a higher power package for the controller though. And you may need to adjust various component parameters for stability/efficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.