Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IoT for the group of devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenzT

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am going to monitor 10 equipment in a work space. A dedicated control unit( PIC microcontroller ) will be used to monitor each equipment individually.

I want to transfer the data in each control unit to "Cloud".

a. Each device can transfer data to Cloud concurrently
b. Each device send the data in wireless to a Master unit. The master unit will transfer the data to the Cloud.

For the above two methods, Please suggest me some methods to implement based on Cost, Performance.

I mean the right kind of hardware. For ex. Wifi, Ethernet...

Even referring any documents will also be a good thing for me.

Thank You.

Last edited:

If you want to use some Cloud service in freeware mode, I would particularly choose the 2nd option, since many of these brokers impose a time window (ex.: 15s for ThingSpeak) in this modal, so that in case there is more than one remote device acting as client per account, this would generate conflict between them, so the suited approach should be: All other devices locally reporting to only one of them, which would act as the 'interlocutor' to the external server.

i am using remote temperature monitoring device via internet using esp12e best found in the market (personal online server)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back