Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Folded Balun-matching problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

goroks

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I am designing a folded balun with a coaxial (inner conductor diameter: 0.51 mm; dielectric: 1.58mm and outer:2.2mm)
the balun is for UHF(300MHz) But can got the right return of loss.
Are the dimensions of the coaxial wrong?

Please help

Complete description, please. What are you designing, a λ/2 transformer? Instead of giving the dimensions of an unknown dielectric, tell the coax impedance. Sketch the circuit and specify input/output impedance.

50 ohms coaxial and it is a 1/4 lambda.

- - - Updated - - -

One more question^^

Baluns are just feeds (transformers) so they are not supposed to radiate. right?

After design they should be connected to a balanced antenna?

Baluns are just feeds (transformers) so they are not supposed to radiate. right?
Yes, but that's no the case for the λ/4 baluns I know. Please clarify the used configuration.

balun.PNG

This is the configuration. Thanks^^

Pawsey stub Balun-Matching probel

Hello

i am designing on CST studio a balun but cant get it to work. Return of loss bad.

Please help

this is the configurationbalun.PNG

Still not a complete description. What's the antenna load, a (70 ohm) λ/2 dipole?

The simplified picture doesn't indicate if the balun part is modelled appropriately.

Reactions: goroks

goroks

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I am using a half wavelength dipole as load antenna. balun.PNG
This is the balun (pawsey stub designed using CST Studio)

best,

Hello,I don't know the problem has been solved or not but I am designing a folded dipole(53MHz) with a balun..well,as we know its load is 280-300ohm(in my design,it's 300ohm).So,I went for designing a 4:1 coax current balun,which converts 75ohm to 300ohm,but I was unable to design it.
Then I switched for sleeve dipole balun(actually, it's more of a RF-choke than to be a Balun) and it's worked...if anyone interested then let me know,I can discuss about my design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back