Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Questions on complex layout design connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vijay Vinay

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I have some queries regarding the layout design for a complex circuit design. I have to design a cascaded pair of emitter follower (EF) and differential amplifier (DA) circuit blocks, where the outputs (both +ve as well as -ve) of the former block have to be connected to the inputs(+ve and -ve) of the latter block. My entire layout design consists of M1 and M2 layers (mostly). My doubt is that, if I have to make the connections which I have mentioned, my cascaded design becomes more complicated (with ugly wire connections between layers). Also, in order to take into the current flow, its bit difficult to make the design. I have attached my cascaded pair circuitry (both schematic as well as layout design) along with this post. To understand my circuit design a bit easier, I have considered only a single cascaded pair (As a whole, I need to make 3 pairs of the cascaded pair).

I have already made the connection between voutn(-ve output voltage) of EF to vinn (+ve input voltage) of DA. A quick response would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

cascaded_pair.jpeg

cascaded_layout_pair.jpeg

Attachments

• cascaded_layout_pair.jpeg
    322 KB · Views: 201
  • cascaded_layout_pair.jpeg
    301.6 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

... my cascaded design becomes more complicated (with ugly wire connections between layers).

Sorry, I can't recognize any complex routing. What's the intention of these jogs (marked by these blue arrows, and also at the other metal wires below)? layout.jpg

Sorry, I can't recognize any complex routing. What's the intention of these jogs (marked by these blue arrows, and also at the other metal wires below)? View attachment 143702

Hi,
what I meant was, I have already made the layout sonnections for the voutn (of EF) to the vinn (of DA). What I need to connect is voutp (of EF) to vinp (of DA). However, I find making this connection difficult, why because the connection has to pass through the already made connection (voutn(EF) to vinn(DA)). So, I need some help to complete the connection which I have specified. Help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What I need to connect is voutp (of EF) to vinp (of DA). However, I find making this connection difficult, why because the connection has to pass through the already made connection (voutn(EF) to vinn(DA)).

Why? I can't see the problem. I'd think you can simply use an M2 connection (if the color magenta means M2): voutp(EF)_M1->via_M1-M2->M2-connection->via_M2-M1->vinp(DA)_M1
layout1.jpg

Why? I can't see the problem. I'd think you can simply use an M2 connection (if the color magenta means M2): voutp(EF)_M1->via_M1-M2->M2-connection->via_M2-M1->vinp(DA)_M1
View attachment 143718

That's what I too thought. Now its working fine without any issues. Thanks for your advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back