Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to measure eye diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

noisepic

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to measure eye diagram of Clock, address, data of DDR3. Do you know some how to measure?

My oscilloscope is not high end as in the vieo. It is analog oscilloscope only

If your oscilloscope is slow on re-triggering it would be impossible to get a clear eye diagram of a a high speed interface such as DDR3.

Hi,

I doubt that an analog scope can do this, because an eye diagram is the result of a high number of measurement runs.
Every of the runs should be made with different input parameters (different address, different data....)

An eye diagram is used to show the extremes in timing variation and voltage variation.

Klaus

But how to setting? Is there anyone had experience with that?

If its DDR memory look around some of the memory chip companies sites, such as micron.

I want to measure eye diagram of Clock, address, data of DDR3. Do you know some how to measure?
An analog scope can do it if trigger holdoff time is fast enough (faster than the phosphor persist time). And, of course, provided the scope has high enough bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back