Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Parts name identification BR in PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mithun_K_Das

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is this device named? Symbolized by BR in PCB.

20180101_151943_LI.jpg

Curiously there are three blue Mini-MELF parts, but only two designators. Surely the aren't bridge rectifiers.

Maybe 0-ohm jumpers (also called wire bridge) Did you ever measure resistance values?

I measured it. one is short, one is open. another one shows random low resistance. I'm totally confused about it. It is connected with parallel with an inductor chock coil.

Is there any difference in German Circuits from other circuits marking devices on PCB? They marked Diodes as "V", ICs as 'D', Transistors as 'N'.

According to the withdrawn German standard DIN 40719-2, semiconductors and tubes have the designator V, digital ICs D, analog ICs N. The legacy designators are still used however. BR isn't a defined designator in any know standard as far as I'm aware of.

Hi,

...going on the suggestion of 0R resistors, and knowing that a batch of through-hole ones I have measured resistances ranging from 5 to 7 mOhm (but they do have a black stripe across the middle of the blue body), this manufacturer's product page for mini melf 0R resistors says for their "Zero ohm melf resistor":

"Marking: Blue body color with no marking"

Are you completely sure they aren't jumper resistors?

Hi,

...going on the suggestion of 0R resistors, and knowing that a batch of through-hole ones I have measured resistances ranging from 5 to 7 mOhm (but they do have a black stripe across the middle of the blue body), this manufacturer's product page for mini melf 0R resistors says for their "Zero ohm melf resistor":

"Marking: Blue body color with no marking"

Are you completely sure they aren't jumper resistors?

Maybe you are right. And 2 of these 3 are damaged anyhow. That is why one is open and another shows resistance. Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.