Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Light speed- Please guide me

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunvnet

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Many times i heard that if device travel with light speed. but for my understanding
1. is it device having any light sensor ?
2. how the device can recognize the light, will travel with light speed ?
3. which component will detect or sense the light for travelling light speed ?
Kindly get back to me with your view on this ?

From science fiction stories we might get the impression that light speed is easy to achieve with physical objects. However it creates a bunch of paradoxical questions such as you ask. Instead for a look at real-life situations have you seen articles telling about problems for NASA scientists trying to manage communications among satellites travelling less quickly, say 1 percent speed of light?

Many times i heard that if device travel with light speed...

You need to understand the laws of motion; basically the classical Newton's laws.

The points you need to understand are:

1. Inertial frame;
2. The process of measurement;
3. And the concept of space-time (time and space are basically the same) and non-Euclidean geometry.

For what you are asking, an observer is needed. The speed of an object is seen by an external observer.

Interactions are basically informations that travel at the speed of light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back