Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] .sch file not opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

carl5

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have a Chinese language .sch file, which is not opening with many software.
I tried eagle, reader, adobe reader, ... but no result. I also tried online pdf- sch viewer but failed.

I think the reason is Chinese language.
I can see words in notepad. question.png
Do anyone know how to get rid of this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Letting us see the original .sch file would be more useful than a text dump of it when it clearly isn't a text file.
Many programs use .sch as a file name suffix, it probably isn't anything to do with Chinese. The number near then end looks like a class ID so it is probably from a Windows based program.

Brian.

File type .sch is used by many different CAD tools. Are you sure you are using the right one?

Hello,

I am so sorry that I can't share that file as per company's rule.

I found "Source PathC:\PROGRAM FILES\ORCAD\CAPTURE\LIBRARY\CAPSYM.OLB " in that file. I tried to open in OrCAD capture CIS but failed.

I also searched for that, installed library "CAPSYM.OLB" and tried to open but no result.

Thank you

The generic Orcad Capture file format is .dsn rather than .sch. Some legacy .sch formats (e.g. Orcad SDT) are supported by Orcad Capture, apparently you have something different. It could be an Orcad schematic imported by a different tool. Or just a corrupted file.

I see little chance without analyzing the file header and identifying the file format. Or asking the supplier what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back