Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inverter circuit 320v or 400v

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimitrisvlamis

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am currently making my final project for my degree in electronic engineering and i will impliment in my device a pure sine inverter. My question is this, why does the circuit i am attaching from the EG8010 Needs 400Vdc and not 320Vdc for the spwm? 220v rectified gives us 320vdc, i dont get it. I want to put to this circuit 320vdc , do you think it will work? Pure-Sine-Wave-Inverter-Driver-board-EGS002-EG8010-IR2110-Driver-Module.jpg

**broken link removed**

this is the datasheet, in every circuit it needs 5,12 and 400v. i get the 5 and 12 but why 400 and not 320?

It depends on what is the AC output voltage you need. If it is 220 VAC, then using 400 V gives you a bit of margin on the DC link for any unwanted dips or fluctuations.

But if my power supply is a regulated 320VDC would it work? I mean the output of my push pull step up converter is regulated and independent from the load i will attach, in this case can i use 320VDC?

It could work if you can accept slightly lower max AC output voltage. This again will depend on how much power you draw. The FET's losses increase with current and should be taken into account.

230Vac is 325Vpk, thus for margin you will need 350VDC at least, and then you have to run the PWM close to 100%, this is why 380-400V is used....

Hello everyone!!

I was reading and I have also the same question of this thread.

If you use 400V as dc bus for 230 VAC output voltage, the peak voltage will be 400V (not 230*1.41) in the SPWM waveform.

Can 230 VAC loads withstand 400V peak voltage when they are design for 325V peak??

Thanks in advance

@ Neonwarrior, the PWM is most often filtered before being applied to loads - hence the fundamental only comes out of the filtering, 230Vac, sine, 325Vpk.

If truly designed for 325V peak then an appliance will not survive 400V. If it has some degree of safety factor designed into it then it's chancey, depending.

Your homebrew inverter ought to be voltage regulated, possibly by a combination of shortening all pulses, and proper filtering.

Status
Not open for further replies.