Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Low speed on hps to fpga bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipin

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi ,

i successfully implemented s system which is working on linux. my qsys system consist of a custom component running at 10khz ( output of a counter passing to hps (32 bit)) and hps (with only light weight bridge enabled) and a onchip memory. this is running on fpga part and from the c code i am printing the value to a serial terminal (putty). now the 32 bit value(which is updating in the fpga @10khz) is printing17 times.

now i used the same system but instead of light weight bridge , hps to fpga bridge . because this have higher through put. i thought like in serial terminal the value will print more than 17 times, because i am using the higher through put bridge right. but its same !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only 17 times.

how i changed to hps to bridge was: defined the 3 parameters and then just changed them like below
while (1) {

custom_slave_rw = (uint32_t*)(virtual_base + ( (ALT_AXI_FPGASLVS_OFST + RW_SLAVE_OFST) & (HW_FPGA_AXI_MASK)));

uint32_t read_value = *custom_slave_rw;
printf("X=%d\n",read_value);
}

fpga is connected to the pc using rs232 uart cable ,buit-in in fpga. linux is booting from an sd card.
why the 2nd time speed on terminal didnt increased ?
any help is really appreciated
if i am not doing the proper way please guide me in right direction :)
thanks and regards

The output speed is probably baud rate limited.

Reactions: dipin

dipin

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The output speed is probably baud rate limited.

okkk..may be thats the reason. anyway now i am trying to save the contents in a output.txt file inside the sd card where the linux is running. i checked the directory using ls command in putty. i can see it . is there any way to copy the text file to pc.(is it possible ?). when i tried to copy using scp commend from embedded command shell, its showing permission denied.
so is it possible to copy it, if yes what is the command ?

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.