Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: Clock from Aurora protocol for asynchronous FIFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThanhTai

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

In the FIFO of IP core, I see that the read clock and write clock of asynchronous FIFO should be free-running to ensure it work correctly.

In my project, I used the Aurora Protocol 2 lanes with (lane 1: X0Y3_GTP0 and lane 2: X0Y4_GTP1) with GT REFCLK is 60 MHz.

In the aurora_module_i.v, I see that there are REFCLKOUT_OUT and REFCLKOUT_OUT_LANE1 and then I use output of REFCLKOUT_OUT as input of DCM_ADV to generate the clock for system. Then output of DCM_ADV is go to the PLL IP core to generate the different frequency clock for WR_CLK of asynchronous FIFO.

Otherwise, I use the USER_CLK (120 MHz) from the Aurora IP core for the RD_CLOCK of asynchronous FIFO. Because I see in the Aurora documents, USER_CLK is parallel clock shared by the Aurora 8B/10B core and the user application.

I would like to ask:

1.Is the way I use to generate the WR_CLK and RD_CLK for asynchronous FIFO correct or not ?

2. Does the clock I generate in this way is free running or not free running ? Are there another way to generate good or free running RD_CLK and WR_CLK for asynchronous FIFO ?

Thank you so much.

I have no idea to give you an answer.
But there is comment about your information.
1, give the diagram instead of long description using texts.
2, I guess your problem is in FPGA job, but this is ASIC thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back