Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OrCAD PCB Designer Mirror Object

Status
Not open for further replies.

insyspower

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For some reason i can't post in cadence forums access is denied, so i thought i could post here.

How to mirror a transistor whitout changing layer ?

When i mirror a transistor or other component it always change layer, so if its on top it flips to the bottom, but i just want all the components on the top layer, not in the bottom.

Rotate or Spin comand does't work because i want to switch the base of a transistor with the emitter, for example if its placed like this "B - E" i want to change to "E - B".

"Do not use the Mirror command, which is different from the commands in Capture: Here is means that the component should be placed on the bottom of the PCB rather than the top. Our designs are not that ambitious."

Other problem is on the Menu -> Route -> Connect F3, when i connect any component it connects whit a green color (which means is on the top), but i wan't to route everything on the bottom so the color should be all yellow, but i don't know how to do that, in which menu i can configure this?

What you wan't to do is step back and think how silly what you want to do is...
You can't mirror a component the way you want to otherwise its pin out would be wrong for that particular part, what you need to do is create a correct part with the correct footprint...
This is a PCB layout basic, mirror move a component from one side of the board to the other. You cannot mirror components on the same layer you would alter the pin out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back