Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus Simulaiton software ver 8.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

chom125

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to simulate a microprocessor led blinking. Even though I can run the HEX file. I cannot even see the c-programing file in the folder to even try and run it.

Can someone help? Please be sepcific since I'm a begineer. Just need to see and run the c file.

I cannot even see the c-programing file in the folder
Can someone help? Please be sepcific
Are you serious ? Do you really think you could get some useful hint not showing anything of the workspace on what you are working ? I even have a guess of what could be happening, but with such vague information provided so far, I'm afraid of not being as specific as you'd expect.

Hi chom125

Is that a microprocessor or microcontroller ?

Why you need a C-program to run ?

Even in real time, you are not going to burn a c-program into the controller.
Its just the .hex or .bin file

The same thing has to be loaded in this simulation environment.
Simulation is just the presentation or imitation of the actual scenario

Try to get some basic fundas regarding microcontrollers and proceed with the work

All the best !!!

Yes it is a microcontroller PIC18F45K22.

I'm using Proteus I can see the hex files but the c programing files I cannot see.

I am currently downloading MPLABs I believe I have to save the c-programming file in MPLAB as .cof?

What file extensions do I need to use to have Proteus see the c-program file? What compile sofware do
I use?

files as .cof files in order to run them in Proteus?

Status
Not open for further replies.