Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS IE (integral equation) Boundary Data Extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmiv

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone,

I'm simulating a simple problem in HFSS where I have 2 thin (0.15 cm radius) PEC wire conductors separated by 20 cm and illuminated by a plane wave. The wires are 30 meters long, so I'm using the IE boundary to solve since it's a large problem.

Everything simulates fine, but I'm looking to extract some data (H-field and surface current) along a line I've defined on top of the top wire. The line lies directly on the top wire cylinder.

When I try to plot any field quantity versus distance on that line, I only get data at the beginning and end of the line and nothing in the middle. So I just get 2 data points. HFSS claims that some points on the line don't lie in any mesh elements. I've tried refining the mesh with 0 success.

Does anyone know how to get data along this line with the IE boundary?

Thanks!
shmiv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back