Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to use DC Headers of MMIC Power Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineengineer

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm a beginner at microwave electronics and I need to use this power amplifier to increase the power of an oscillator I have already previously built. I know how to use the SMA connectors but I am confused on how to connect a single supply of 5V to the board.
I see these DC headers but there are 14 pins and I don't know what to connect them to.

The board I am using is the HMC408
IMG_1014.jpg

Could anyone provide some insight on this?

Many thanks

The functions of each pin can be deduced from the HMC408 datasheet, by looking at the schematic/layout of the test board.

The row of pins near the board edge are all ground. The other row of pins can all be tied directly to the same 5V source for normal operation. If you want to manipulate the Vpd pin, then drive that pin with a separate source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back