Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Marconi 2955B minor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

willhelmx

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guy´s

Ive been using the old Marconi 2955B testset for several years now and it´s still works like a charm - wonderful piece of machinery..

Lately a problem has occured that i immediatly cant figure out... when you measure output in TX test, the unit doesent immediatly switch over
but hesitates before it engages the relay, you have to tx in to it several times before it reacts...
Also i get a "feedback" noise ="squeeling" when i put power in to it the first few seconds (not the power limit signal ) - then you can hear the relay click and it displays the power/values

Since i dont have any schematics for this thing - anyone that has experienced this problem and can direct me before i take it apart?

""All test ok, everything else works just fine""

Greatful for any ideas

best regards
/ Anders

Attachments

• rla_board.png
    rla_board.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 122
  • rla_board_sch.png
    rla_board_sch.png
    127.9 KB · Views: 124

I am sure you can download it on the web. Here is one source that appears to have it. Worth a try.
https://www.eserviceinfo.com/index.php?what=search2&searchstring=marconi+2955b

It may be a problem with the RF detection circuit and/or switch-over relays.

Attached is the diagrams from a 2955A/R in my collection, which may be very similar to the B model.

-----------------------

Thanks, but this link doesent seem to work - the only thing that i can download from this site is a converter between formats...

/ A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back