Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for audio amplifier for Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtronix

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I got easy design from ST TDA2822 but only problem is TDA2822 original chip from ST is not available easily from local supplier. Chinese supplier has cheap TDA2822 but not have idea whether it will work stable or not

Any one has idea about TDA2822 chinese IC performance and stability??

Hello jtronix,
Where are you located?
I've never used one made in China, so I can't comment there.
But you should be able to obtain the IC from a multitude of suppliers
in the US, England, Australia etc.
Regards,
Relayer

Like most old audio amplifier ICs, the TDA2822 ones with though hole pins are obsolete because nobody buys them anymore. The tiny low power surface mount ones are still made and are available.

I've searched on aliexpress where majority of the IC's are from chinese make

Which TDA2822 do you need?
The TDA2822 is obsolete. It was in a 16 pins DIL through holes package and had the 4 center pins as ground for cooling.
The TDA2822M is obsolete. It was in an 8 pins DIL through holes case and had a fairly low output power because it could not be cooled.
The TDA2822D is manufactured and is available from electronic parts distributors like Digikey and Element 14. It is in a tiny 8 pins surface mount case and has a low output power because it cannot be cooled. An adapter board allows it to be used as a TDA2922M.

Status
Not open for further replies.