Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA USB Data software

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

expertengr

Hello, I am wondering which software can receive and save the data packets in computer at the rate of 100 K packets (16 bits) per seconds which are send from FPGA ?

Asking that general doesn't make much sense. Which device type is implemented in your FPGA? A software usually supports only specific device protocols, e.g. serial port (CDC class), file (MSD, mass storage device), bulk (raw USB).

The development board is Z-turn Board (with Zynq-7020) by MYIR Tech. The project requirement is to send 16 bits x 100 K sample per second from Z-turn to computer. Is this under CDC class ? I guess the data type transfer is Bulk transfer, right ? Is it possible to configure USB OTG for this purpose ?

I don't see the problem related to OTG. It means that a device takes a temporary host role, e.g. a camera sends photos to a printer.

Selecting an USB device protocol is up to you. CDC can be easily accessed at the PC application level, e.g. by a terminal program. To access a bulk device, you'll usually need to write a driver.

On Z-turn Board Zynq-7020 there are two USB ports available. USB-UART and USB OTG both connected to ARM, which one can be used or configured under CDC class ?

ZYNQ USB OTG Data Transfer

There are two USB ports available on Z-turn Board Zynq-7020 by MIYR Tech i.e., USB-UART and USB OTG. Both of them are connected to ARM processor. Is it possible to use USB OTG to send 16 bit data packets at the rate of 100 K packets per second to computer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back